BrittanyAndKasi.com (“B&K”) respects your concerns about privacy. This U.S. Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
This U.S. Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we obtain via your transactions and interactions with BrittanyAndKasi.com, including on our website, www.BrittanyAndKasi.com (“Site”), your visits to our stores, and when you connect with us via telephone, at our events and through surveys, and through our third-party sources, including our retail partners and advertising and social media networks.
Notice for California Residents:
If you are a California resident, please also see our California Consumer Privacy Statement at the bottom of the page
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our Site, call us, or make a purchase on our Site or in one of our stores.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number and postal and email address;
- www.BrittanyAndKasi.com login credentials, such as password and security questions and answers;
- Purchase history and merchandise preferences;
- Information related to your participation in our Groundbreakers loyalty program, such as account number and loyalty rewards earned and spent;
- Payment information (including credit or debit card number, security code, expiration date and billing address);
- Information provided by vendors and other entities that perform services on our behalf, including information services;
- Photographs, such as if you choose to interact with us on social media sites;
- Video and audio information, such as images, video and audio that may be collected or processed through our security cameras, closed-circuit television, recorded phone lines and other technologies, where permitted by law;
- Geolocation information; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through our “Contact Us” feature, emails or other communications, social media pages, surveys, registrations and sign-up forms.
When you visit our Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on our Site to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Site; (3) tailor the Site around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Site and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Process and fulfill orders;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our products and services), respond to inquiries, contact you about the status of an order, and offer customer support;
- Establish and manage BrittanyAndKasi.com accounts;
- Manage your participation in our Groundbreakers loyalty program;
- Verify your identity;
- Personalize your experience on our Site;
- Advertise and market our products and services, including providing personalized advertising;
- Administer participation in surveys, sweepstakes, promotions or other programs;
- Establish and manage our business relationships;
- Perform analytics (including website analytics, market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and anonymization of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications and customer service function; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Site, products and services and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and B&K policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
On our Site, we may obtain information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services that may be tailored to your interests. This section of our U.S. Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise certain choices.
The Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and with our joint marketing partners. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analytics, advertising, customer service, payment processing and other services.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the contact us information on this website of this U.S. Privacy Notice. You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. You may update certain of your account details and settings by logging into your account on our Site.
We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Our Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children. In connection with the Site, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy and security practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by B&K, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Updates to our U.S. Privacy Notice
We may update this U.S. Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
You can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this U.S. Privacy Notice calling us at 1-337-232-8796, or write to us at:
c/o Ace Specialties, LLC
520 Beau Pre Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508
California Privacy Notice
This California Consumer Privacy Statement (“Statement”) supplements the www.BrittanyAndKasi.com. U.S. Privacy Notice. This Statement does not apply to B&K personnel or job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, tax ID, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in our U.S. Privacy Notice and for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase
- Your devices, such as when you visit our Site
- Your family or friends, such as when they provide us with your contact information so we can send information that may interest you
- Our affiliates
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Our joint marketing partners
- Online advertising services and advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
- Data brokers
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Site in exchange for non-monetary consideration. We share the categories of personal information listed below for online advertising purposes and to provide third-party social network features and functionality on our Site. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a “sale” under California law.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services and social networks: Identifiers, Online Activity, Inferences.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Category of Personal Information
Category of Third Party
Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information (listed above in Section 1) about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared personal information about you with the following additional categories of third parties: Government entities.
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access or deletion request, or to opt out of the sale of your personal information, email us at brittanyandkasi.com. To submit a Shine the Light request at the phone number. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, call us as well. Questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact our number,
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you have an account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have an account with us and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and a recent order number. In addition, if you do not have an account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.